17. Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? |
18. And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover
at thy house with my disciples.
19. And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.
20. Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
21. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
23. And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
24. The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
25. Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.
26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's
30. And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of
This was the beginning of the end of Christ life here on earth. As we know He was
predestined to be here for just a short time. In this scripture Christ was speaking
not only to the twelve disciples, but us also. He is basically stating that He does
want us to have communion in symbolism of His shed blood--in the new testament
or new law--for the remission of sins, OF MANY. Please note He does NOT say
for ALL. He knows He will be betrayed down through the ages by many--and not just by Judas.
Please as time is counting down now be honest with yourselves and see if
you can truly drink from that cup and KNOW that you are included as one
of the ones whom He died for for their sins. If there is any doubt at all PLEASE
start seeking the Face of God immediately, as Jesus is coming to the horizon now.
It is so important. If you think times are bad now...imagine the time during
the 7 year tribulation. You will not even be allowed to live for Christ then.
Make it right now, please. His blood is shed for all that will accept Him as the Son
of God and seek to KNOW Him truly. I pray you are in that number.